Thread: 5270P salmon
View Single Post
Old 23 August 2023, 07:39 PM   #17
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd1 View Post
I considered this piece for a long time before getting it this year. I have 7 5/8” wrists so size is not an issue for me. The one “downside” is exactly what kept me hemming and hawing about it - manual wind, perpetual. I have about 40 watches in my collection (this probably in my top five if I had to pick) and I wear most of them. So when this sits for a bit, I need to reset it - but I’ve come to appreciate the process of doing so. Beyond that, this is an absolute stunning watch and I couldn’t be happier with it or recommend it highly enough. I’ve tried a couple of other straps on it which I prefer to the factory one as well. Good luck.

The manual-wind is certainly a factor with this watch. I can’t see the value in a Perpetual Calendar if you have to constantly reset it. If you can enjoy the process then that’s great, as it really is a spectacular piece, but I think resetting it would get up my nose, especially given that I five setting the date in a normal date watch annoying!

Maybe I’m just making excuses because my wrist and bank balance are both too puny to have one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote