View Single Post
Old 29 August 2023, 03:44 PM   #20
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencer28 View Post
Hello all,

Avid Rolex/GS/Omega enthusiast here looking to branch out into Patek. Went to a major Patek AD today to inquire about the Weekly Calendar model as well as the base Calatrava (Ref 6119G). Now I know the Weekly Calendar is considered an 'in demand' model since it's steel but I figured the most basic Calatrava would be attainable with time and patience.

I was told that, to even be CONSIDERED for one of those, I had to buy a piece from the 24 collection. I asked if I could build my purchase history with other brands in their store but was told not for Patek.

So basically I have to buy a women's watch in order to purchase a basic Calatrava!? That's the most asinine thing I have ever heard. The SA who I spoke to said this is coming straight from Patek.

So my question is - are all Patek ADs doing this?

If so, then I'm going straight to gray. It just seems extremely dumb to make a guy purchase a women's watch in order to get even a base men's model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencer28 View Post
To be clear, they said no bundling allowed. I would have to wait to purchase a 24 collection piece and the. Wait again for the calatrava or weekly calendar.
Definitely not Patek policy, as others have said. Don’t bite on this bluff.

Try another SA at that store. First, hopefully you meet a nicer and more genuine one that isn’t trying to pull a fast one on people. There’s definitely SAs that do that. Also it may sound stupid, but wear your nicest watch. Talk to the SA about why you’re looking to branch into Patek. SAs don’t want to waste their time either, and if you meet one of the nice/genuine ones, they’ll appreciate it. They want to know you’re serious about purchasing and keeping the piece.

Or try another AD.
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote