View Single Post
Old 8 September 2023, 08:14 PM   #75
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
Congratulations on this strong piece!

I am curious, it doesn’t appear that the prospect of you having to let go of the 50th Anniversary white dial ROC was much of a concern when weighing your options. The same applies to most of the people here advising you. Is having a 50th Anniversary piece not a high priority?
Thank you. The idea of letting a 50th anniversary piece go does bother me and is certainly something I wish I could avoid, but at some point it’s a trade off and I have to choose what matters more; the opportunity to own a 26240OR, or the exact same watch in steel, that was made the year before. I was not really focused on resale, but if I was, the 50th anniversary doesn’t make a big difference over a non anniversary piece. While owning an anniversary piece like this is great, it looks exactly the same as one that isn’t, and for me I am more interested in the look and feel of the OR over the ST than the unique rotor which I rarely see.
Others may have chosen differently. I’m sure some think I should have passed on the OR and simply waited and only done it when I could add a a new piece but I know how long that might have taken, if at all, so I chose differently.
Commandopat is offline   Reply With Quote