View Single Post
Old 12 September 2023, 10:46 AM   #74
RTG
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: YM42 Ti
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
The only resolution I’ve been offered today, is to send to Clearwater for a ‘diagnosis’ and verification of the issue.

I’ve flat out said I will refuse this watch in any capacity, and want a refund with a new allocation. Quite frankly, under lemon law and the due diligence already completed to rectify problems 3x over in 90 days and it still malfunctioning, I’d legally be entitled to this anyhow. It’s somehow a silver lining all this has happened so quickly as I’m within my 6 months with Amex as a fallback.

So I guess I have to send in for ‘official’ confirmation of it being broken and *then* AP corporate/higher ups can offer their resolution.

This honestly doesn’t even sit right with me and I feel I’m jumping through extra hoops. It’s not an opinion, it’s quite obviously broken and doesn’t work…..the boutique ownership can easily verify this and just take it back. It’s in *pristine* condition with not even so much as a hairline on the entire watch (which I’ve videoed for evidence), so if they try to claim anything pertaining to user error I’m going to blow my top.

I just expected a better level of customer service all considered as this was first brought up, now more than 72 hours ago. And nobody can relay anything from higher ups, nor any potential rectification. Just ‘we’ll have to see, but first it needs to go to Clearwater’.

Honestly, my wife and I have ~10x more followers than the ‘RYG Man’ and his debacle made worldwide news just for getting blacklisted…….so while I really hope it doesn’t come to that, I’m not going to get tossed around on this matter for much longer. If you’re out there reading AP, this is a customer with a true, mechanical issue with your timepiece, not just somebody complaining about allocations. Stand by your products as most of us always thought you would.
Just don’t let them string you along past your AMEX fallback plan. Set an alarm, phone beeps and you chargeback.