View Single Post
Old 20 September 2023, 02:04 AM   #106
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Curious what resolution you are shooting for? Refund? New copy of the same model? Different model? I'm not sure if the "mismatched movement" argument isn't a bit spurious - is there actually a movement serial number that can be matched to the watch serial number without access to AP's internal info?

There are many different ways to play this - a huff and a puff and a grand exit from the brand on TRF, like some of our friends here, is one option. I think a more subtle/graceful approach could yield a working version of your watch (new movement, I don't think I'd care much) and an allocation of something nice in the near future.
This watch has incredible negative connotation to me at this point and I think would also be to anybody else. I don’t think a proper resolution is to *try* to fix an (obviously) broken timepiece. The fact still remains that I’ve now had a watch in hand for around 2-3 weeks whilst purchasing it FOUR months ago and being back at Clearwater a 3rd time. The watch needs to be taken back.

I don’t want an exit from the brand, I want the opposite. I want them to take this watch back and offer me a fresh allocation with a fresh start and a joyous future ahead for both parties. I don’t find this to be the least bit unreasonable considering the circumstances. I’m also not requesting some ridiculous thing such as ‘and the only allocation I’ll consider is an open work’, I’m simply asking for what was told would be my next allocation from the brand anyways. A natural stepping stone in my AP journey anyhow.

A ‘fix’ which may or may not last, with a promise of an allocation doesn’t do it for me. As that resolution could result in 1- the movement having the same issues as others and 2- them simply telling me to kick rocks and not honoring any allocation I’m promised.

I’m trying to be graceful/respectful and that’s exactly why I haven’t name dropped a single individual or even the boutique I’m working with. I’m allowing them plenty of opportunity to make this right. As again, I *want* to have a relationship with AP, not the opposite.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote