View Single Post
Old 30 September 2023, 09:46 PM   #3963
flyinghell34
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Collar Boy View Post
I only have a pair of C&J Pembroke shoes and there’s none of that separation. TBH, it looks quite minor so I don’t think it would bother me, but if it still bothers you I would probably email C&J to get their opinion. I expect they’d be open and helpful, and their reply might offer a sense of reassurance.

Congrats on the Conistons—they look really great. Do they fit more snug than the Islays?
Thanks for the opinion. I may reach out to them. My only concern was water getting into the gap and eventually causing an issue. I by no means think the heel is just going to fall off with normal wear. Honestly, I have other boots to wear in foul weather so the Islays are really just a nice dress and style boot for me so I really don't anticipate an issue. Also, like watch pictures, the image exaggerates the flaw and I think that is happening here. The gap is really not noticeable to eye. Maybe I'll just keep it well conditioned and keep and eye on it.

The Conistons fit just a bit more snug in the toe for me but comparable to the Islay. The Islay is a bit more generous in the toe box. This is new to me so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
flyinghell34 is online now   Reply With Quote