View Single Post
Old 1 October 2023, 10:05 PM   #5
massabee
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
As for the date on the booklet, it's usually a year or two before the purchase date.
Another authority I've been conversing with on this subject says that the opposite is true - that the date on the booklet especially for the vintage watches will always be a year or two after the manufacture date of the watch, because these vintage watches sat around for a long time before they sold.

I think that's true - in the late 70s and 80s especially these older mechanical wind Daytonas few wanted them as the newer Daytonas and other newer Rolex models came out.

I suppose what he is saying is that they packaged the watch with the booklets at the time of sale, not that they came from the factory with all booklets already printed and together with the watch?

In the case of your watch are you the original buyer? otherwise how can you know that someone didn't just decide to assemble at least some of those booklets just for benefit of the sale? or if they weren't added to the watch over the years by someone other than the original buyer?
massabee is offline   Reply With Quote