View Single Post
Old 5 August 2009, 02:04 PM   #9
boa2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Now
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
Some excellent points you make there! Good comparison picture with the movement. Reffering to my "assumption" below, it seems Patek Philippe can play the Rolex game. Their history, recognition, image etc etc allows them to get away with stuff / cutting corners other brands could not. That being said though both movements look fantastic and for the VC being lesser known it is nice they put more into it. Making stuff even more exclusive in some ways.

Exactly, it is nice to have other options too though. Sometimes it can get boaring to buy the same brand of watches all the time, other brands do stuff different ways etc so I think for those who can actually afford to collect Patek Philippe, Adumars Piguet, VC etc etc it is good variety. Even with those low numbers it is tough to get a lot of Patek Philippe watches new from what I have herd. A lot of them would go for a premium. In all of Toronto we only have 1 single dealer that sells them! Now sure the city does not have nearly as many wealthy people as New York (other big US cities) and many others but that is incredible and can only imagine how tough it would be to get certain models there.

Production numbers do not normally bother me because like stated above, considering the human population and the fact watch lovers are the minority it is not bad. I know MANY people who could buy literally any watch they wanted to at this very moment but shockingly have no interest in expensive watches, cars, clothes etc etc. Just let their hundreds of thousands / even millions sit and waste life but different strokes for different folks I guess, more watches for us
Well said. And when you end up stepping up to the big leagues, as you say, I hope you get exactly what you want!