NB614
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP / PP / Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsprow View Post
What or who is a “my nomad”
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
I'm guessing AP lingo for internet salesman you use if you don't have an "AP house" or boutique near you.
Basically what EEpro said. We often interact over the phone and pieces get delivered to my doorstep, but when the opportunity arises we will meet in person.

I use to be at a boutique but was fortune enough to leave those gloomy days behind for pastures new. The people on the Nomad team are amazing, and I personally love my Nomad. I can't begin to express how grateful I am to have been able to transfer from a boutique to the Nomad program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Which one? RG Jumbo is probably easiest, but still a bit harder than 16202ST, 16202BA is harder than e.g. steel openworked (my experience). The (discontinued) Platinum or the new Ti/BMG are top-tier.
+1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
My understanding is that the nomads like to interact with their clients in person as well, so not just a person in a call center. Getting assigned to one also seems to require a bit more than living far from a boutique.
To my knowledge, you need 2 people in the Nomad program to be able to vouch for you and then you must fit their client criteria. After that it's up to the top brass ladies at AP (GW and LB) to approve you (at least in North America).

Originally, I wasn't going to be able to transfer. I don't think I fit the Nomad client criteria, but my Nomad said he really enjoyed meeting me and some of the watchmakers I befriend at Clearwater really helped to vouch for me. So after about 6 months or so I got the call saying the books opened and a spot is available. Nothing but thankful to the great people at AP who helped me out.
NB614 is offline   Reply With Quote