View Single Post
Old 25 October 2023, 06:30 AM   #142
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetBaker View Post
...reeks of price gouging. And yes, i’d LOVE to own one of them.
All good

(Said in friendly humor and truth) No worries. Get a 1960's 'Holy Trinity' brand for about the same price. Easy solution.

Ok, yeah, sure, the 1960's Holy Trinity retail brand name may not be as well finished with the truly tough hand decoration bits, and the 1960's Holy Trinity retail brand may use a mass-produced 'in-house' movement, yet you'll proudly be able to tell everyone at the next GTG you have a 1960's Holy Trinity watch.

----
----

i'm elated we're seeing the 'young kids' doing their own thing. We need MORE of this! That's all part of the art of horology, which is filled with such stories of those going out on their own to offer fine timepieces. It's better than being just another 'cog' worker.

George Daniels, for example, seemed to have experienced working for... and let us all thank God he went out on his own. George even invented a new thing, which was turned down by certain brands (which we all know OMEGA now uses :) ).

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote