View Single Post
Old 6 December 2023, 07:33 AM   #11
pbr
"TRF" Member

I've ordered one to evaluate and decide if I'm going to keep it. It's likely going to be between this and a Tudor BB GMT (with a bezel change...more below).

I'm waiting on a BLRO (who isn't?) and even if I had that now, I'd want a less expensive, less flashy and more easily replacable GMT for traveling to certain places. I don't want another "Pepsi" for when I eventually do get the BLRO, but haven't really found anything that speaks to me. The Zulu Time 39mm came close, but the dial is just too busy and I'm not a fan of the large lugs and 21mm lug width.

So I've ordered a black bezel from Steel Reef (not enough posts to share links), but picture attached below.

The slab case is really the only downside in my mind. I'd replace the blue/red bezel with the black above and likely put an Unclestraps jubilee and swap it out with an Everest rubber strap.

I'm not usually a fan of the raw steel (colored in this case, aluminum) bezel (as seen in the Explorer II and BB Pro), but the titanium construction and improved dial of the Longines x Hodinkee version intrigues me. And I'd really prefer a rotating bezel so that's kept me from the Explorer II and BB Pro.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 3.29.58 PM.png (265.8 KB, 422 views)
File Type: png Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 3.30.19 PM.png (283.6 KB, 420 views)
pbr is offline   Reply With Quote