View Single Post
Old 14 December 2023, 01:08 AM   #16
train-time
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
I read it as they want to make the 15-20k profit on his old daytona and then let him pay up another big difference to get the new daytona. That's sad behavior from that AD.
Exactly correct based on my prior experience at this location, but the profit on the 116500 (2 yr old Black Dial never worn) would probably be somewhere in the upper 20K range. And don't forget that the 126500 isn't going to be an even trade as part of their deal.

While I probably should have played along and strung out the conversation to see where the offer was going prior to informing them that I no longer had the 116500, my guess was the additional cash would have covered their dealer wholesale cost on the new watch. So, the trade is essentially free to them and when you add the cash difference to the upper $20K resale on the old Daytona they are close to secondary market value on the new model with a white dial.

In the end.... even if I had the old Daytona (and I really like the new model Daytona) I would not have pulled the trigger. Partially because I wouldn't have wanted to part with the funds and have long since grown tired of their negotiation (extortion) tactics.
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote