View Single Post
Old 27 December 2023, 11:24 AM   #82
RKunz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njlam View Post
Given the amount of watches available from greys, I suspect many, many ADs are complicit in supplying these markets with new watches to the detriment of MSRP retail buyers. Profits are most likely shared with the ADs.

If Rolex is ending AD relationships to crack down on this practice, I am all for it, but it will be interesting to see if MSRP availability of sought-after Rolexes will improve. Somehow I doubt it. If you want a sought-after model, greys are really the main option for those whose time is worth more than money.

It is possible that Rolex boutiques that are not directly owned by Rolex will continue the practice of supplying the greys.

Those of us who live in smaller cities/towns who want the chance at MSRP purchases will have to travel to get access and the big city dealers like Bucherer, WOS, Ben Bridge and 1916 will control more of the inventory.

The Rolex CPO market will keep prices high for models/inventory older than 3 years.

I agree with those who have stated that availability of the more sought-after models will only improve with a serious economic downturn.

The whole thing is a huge turn off.
You really don’t know what you’re talking about! Most all the closures are part of a master plan conceived in Geneva not New York. The majority of the ADs that are being closed are extremely diligent, honest, and abide by the terms of the contract. Most often they frightened to death with the idea of losing the line so they are very cautious with whom they sell. So you’re just clueless. Absolutely clueless.
RKunz is offline   Reply With Quote