View Single Post
Old 5 January 2024, 06:27 AM   #27
nighthawk77
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xky View Post
I think it’s way too easy for scammers to scam people on TRF, not everyone is a seasoned knowledgeable person of who and how to buy from and precautions to take on TRF.

There are unsuspecting genuine buyers that just want a good deal. There doesn’t seem to be any fall back measures that protect people on TRF.

My advice if you’re new to buy on TRF take many precautions, post a thread first on the TRF forum about the watch you want to buy.

There so many trusted grey dealers around, go and see what you’re buying first, at least make sure these people have a website.

I’m sure people have bought many watches on TRF safely and happily, but if you’re new to or not that knowledgeable be careful, stick to trusted grey dealers, I can buy a brand new 2023 GMT master ll for 13.5k in minutes in London, after a minute 30 journey, I know the US for example is much bigger and journey times can be much longer, but surely it’s got to be better making a long journey than being ripped off for thousands of pounds/dollars.

Even buying online there are so many well established trusted dealers out there.

EBay have authenticity program, Chrono have an escrow account, and I still wouldn’t buy from them, I’d want to see the watch in person, but that’s just me.

All I’m saying is be careful, and very sorry to hear that those that have been scammed on TRF recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1

I don't think I'd trust eBay or C24 for high value purchases as I've heard enough horror stories on both.
nighthawk77 is offline   Reply With Quote