View Single Post
Old 6 January 2024, 01:32 AM   #35
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
Sold my Ferrari just last week to a guy who gave me thousands over asking, with his second-party bank draft, who only asked that I float him a few hundred extra to buy dinner, since he was short on cash when his cousin came to pick it up.
Ah yes, the check with 'extra' funds that they want back / transferred to them. Was one of the very early folks on the Internet to experience this situation during a sale of goods back in the 1990s. The weird thing is, back then I had to 'educate' the banking institution about it and had to nearly 'demand' asking for their fraud department. The thing is, the check was actually 'good'(!) funds-wise, yet was fraudulent and not from the account owner. And yes, it was over the asking price and they wanted the extra funds to be sent to....
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote