View Single Post
Old 9 January 2024, 03:15 AM   #10
mikeawesome
"TRF" Member

Thinking through this more, I think I know how the hair/lint on the dial didn't get spotted by the factory or AD. I went back through the text messages on my phone and my AD called me on Monday, February 20th at 11:49 and sent me a photo of the watch.

The time on the watch said Thursday the 11th at 5:58 and there is absolutely no hair visible in the photo. When I went to the AD to pick it up he set the correct time for me and that was when I noticed the small hair which was being hidden underneath the minute hand in the original photo he sent.

So I think this was probably just an extremely rare occurrence of how something like this was able to slip through the cracks. I still think Rolex should have spotted it at the factory because they should have rotated the crown to fully spin the hands around the dial which would have allowed them to see it, but if the AD never adjusted the time after they took the watch out of the box then there's no way they could have known the hair was there.

I also looked at many photos of different lugs online and saw exactly what Calatrava r said - each lug is different and matches with my watch (one is a crown, one is a pentagon, one is an octagon).

There still is that slight bit of discoloration on the left side of the engraving on the clasp in the photo I posted but that is very minor. I think I saw something similar on a few other DDs I looked at online.
mikeawesome is offline   Reply With Quote