View Single Post
Old 18 January 2024, 02:49 AM   #6
Patekfinder
Banned

Rolex “proof”

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubDate View Post
After being on TRF for a while now one thing stands out to me so I thought I would mention it here as others may ponder the same:

When a post mentions “incoming” or “look what I got” type threads what is typically an early reply? “Post pics or it didn’t happen”. Basically prove it.

Yet when a post pops up such as “never wear your 1000m dive watch in the hot tub it will destroy the seals and cause damage” I never see a “prove it” type request.

I hope the fear mongering and rumors of damage, bad habits etc. end but it will take the watch community to promote the end of it. I personally hope we all agree too.

Wow bro, no one is actually asking for people to PROVE their incoming new watch… they are just recounting a long-standing internet tradition of using this popular phrase that essentially means “we’d like to see a photo.” No one is LITERALLY asking them to post pics to PROVE their incoming watch.

TRF clearly has a diverse population of members from teenagers to people in the 90s, so it’s not surprising this reference would be lost on some.
Patekfinder is offline   Reply With Quote