View Single Post
Old 18 January 2024, 03:47 AM   #128
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
Omega never fails to disappoint. That should be the new slogan. I do not know what is happening with them but they remind me of Panerai back in the day. Great customer support and a cult like following. Based on some significant corporate decisions they alienated the customer base and so many people moved away, never to return. I am a huge fan but even I have to take pause and acknowledge something is wrong. What I hear from my fellow enthusiasts of late is excuses. You don't need to explain, if it works, or it is right. Probably more the Swatch Group but so many missed opportunities. The fiasco of the Moonswatch. Let's grab as much cash as we can and diminish the overall Omega brand in the process. Can Omega do anything other than a Speedmaster or Seamaster that is commercially successful? I have hope, but with each misstep it is hard not to acknowledge the challenges ahead. As far as this new DSOTM it is a 14k cash grab for a watch they already did that almost no one bought, except me and a few others. Many say it is cool but few will buy one. Just introduce the white dial Speedmaster and go on with it.

I can not agree more. Flash a white dial and deliver a dark side with 44mm size and upticked price.. a complete let down.

On the other hand, I can take this white dial fund and go buy a few great classic Panerai(s) to enjoy
red1108nyc is offline   Reply With Quote