View Single Post
Old 24 January 2024, 04:56 AM   #72
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
Now that you mention it, I think you are correct. Her husband does have a big spend collection and, as a result, what they can get from ADs, is probably totally different from what the average person can.
Obviously, nothing wrong with having a big spend, but yeah , the "just wait , they are available at AD's" thing can come off as a little patronizing.

I remember a video where her husband went and picked up his new FP Journe which was lifted the same day from his backpack. There was actually a movement to start a GFM to compensate them for their loss (NOT initiated by them). I was like, "AYFKM"?

Considering their spend (not the husbands spend , THEIR spend) and her presence as a top 10 watch influencer, there is virtually nothing that they can't get.

As far as this video goes. I don't get it. So some bi metal and precious metal references that are available at grey discount can now be had w/o wait at AD's? These were mostly references that could be had with very little wait even during periods of highest demand.

Here's what would actually get me pretty excited.

1. Multiple sub 15K references readily available at retail. This includes an assortment of DJ's, TT subs, maybe some 40 YM's, an occasional AK, EXP II black dial or EXP36.

2. Hotter stainless models readily available in under three months to most retail customers. This includes subs, non BLRO GMT's, white dial Explorer II's, and blue/green fluted 40 DJ's.

I'd be over the moon with just that, I don't need 2015 normal to be pumped.

I just don't see too much to be excited about right now, heck, I tend to think a lot of the models she is seeing in the window right now were just sitting in the safe waiting to be strategically offered as high priced conciliatory models the past few years.
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote