View Single Post
Old 5 February 2024, 10:18 AM   #100
mjolnir2thor
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5226G & 5513(1963)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_76 View Post
About 3 weeks ago I got the call for a 126610LN. I was happy at the time, but over the course of several weeks, just really didn’t connect with it.

It’s a very basic monotone looking watch. Though I do get the appeal of it being a great daily. That said, I was at a conference last week, every Joe Schmoe had one. I don’t care about exclusivity but the fact that it’s so ubiquitous isn’t cool for me.

I’m thinking about moving on (maybe to add a 126711CHNR or a neovintage AP, or hold out for a SS GMT / SkyD blue or green).

Kind of venting here, but interested to hear what other people think or if they have ever had a similar experience.
If you are not enamored with the Date Sub (i.e.,126610LN), I'd certainly move the watch along for something else; however, if you are selling it because of what other people are wearing, what other people think, etc. these points are irrelevant in my mind if you really like the watch.

Now having said that, I sold my 126610LV (Starbucks) because I didn't like the way the watch wore (e.g., buckle length spanned my entire wrist and too chunky) and preferred an older no-date Submariner like a 14060M or a 5513. I sold the Starbucks to my son who absolutely loves that watch and wears it on every special occasion he can.

If you honestly don't like the watch, I'd certainly move it along and use the money for something else.
mjolnir2thor is offline   Reply With Quote