View Single Post
Old 12 February 2024, 02:27 AM   #34
EmJay
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave O View Post
When this watch was first introduced I knew I wanted it. However, I don't have an OB located near me. My AD said they don't plan on getting any in, and have yet to see one. When first introduced, the Omega website had a button which you could select to be put on a wait list, which I submitted, but as you might expect, never got the call for one.

Over the past few months the price has really come down on the grey market. So I decided to pull the trigger for the following reasons:

1) I've been on a wait list on the Omega website since this watch came out, but no call.
2) It has been reported this watch will stop being produced early this year.
3) I absolutely love this watch, and have wanted it since the day it was introduced.

So, I just purchased a BNIB 50th Anniversary Omega Snoopy from a trusted grey dealer for $5k over MSRP (after also adding in taxes that I would have had to pay had I bought from an AD). Some people say they will never pay over MSRP. I am one of those that have exclusively purchased mine from AD's at MSRP. But I had to be realistic. If I wanted one BNIB, I had to go grey at above MSRP. Considering what the price of these watch's were on the grey market just a year ago I feel pretty lucky for getting it for only $5k over MSRP. Once/if production stops the price of this watch may only go up.

Anyway, I had never even seen one in the flesh until mine arrived via FedEx. It is frikin beautiful. It meets or exceeds all of my expectations. I was a bit worried about reports about the strap being too stiff. But I just worked it in by bending it around my finger and it's fine, and not too stiff at all. That being said, I did put it on a deployant which really helps as well. I switched the straps (long strap on the 12:00 side) as is usual for deployants like I have. I also really wanted to keep it on the strap as the blue really goes with the rest of the blue on the watch itself.

As others have stated, it's a little hard to read but is manageable. I just love it and is now the one or two favorites in my collection.
Congrats!
EmJay is offline   Reply With Quote