View Single Post
Old 20 February 2024, 05:24 AM   #5
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipper View Post
I’ve searched buy have not found anything on point. I’m curious is anyone in this forum has ever posted hi def photos of their watch and asked others to guess if the watch is polished or unpolished and then later post revealed the answer. I’d be willing to bet the people who generally hold themselves out as experts would be wrong as often as they are right. I would do it myself buy do not have the ability to take hi def photos.
I did years back. I posted my daily Bluesy and Serti Sub that I touched up along the way by myself and after it was lightly polished at the 15 year mark. The lines were crisp and identical from new to 99% of educated enthusiast.
I also posted tutorials on how to do this and keep the factory finish but it may be gone as the picture host server is gone now.
First we must understand there is a difference between a full polish and a light touchup as they are different. One is done with a mechanical polishing wheel and the other can be done by hand. One requires the entire watch to be polished to mask any dissimilarities and the other spot polishes only the blemish in question.

Obviously our cameras were not as good.
Here is a 15 year old TT Sub that ran nonstop on a winder or my wrist. Some pics are before a light polishing and some are not…….