View Single Post
Old 21 February 2024, 09:33 PM   #8
TuRo
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the detectives
Just devil-advocating here a bit.... And Tin-Hat-on, but bit of polishing doesn't bother me much at all if piece is original.

I just add it to my snag list to help buy it closer to (or pref.below!?) trade than retail, and I know I can wear it wherever I want, and I'm not anywhere near being 'upside down' on it, if mkt drops like you're trying to catch a falling knife! (As it does every 13-14 yrs on average) and as per mkt now !

One other thing is the B and P thing...I dont sell much, but have found that nobody expects a box and papers on 6542/1675/16750/16700 or 16760....but they do on 16710 esp if later lumi' flip-lock one and a small but goodly % of buyers are not interested as such, if watch is bereft of papers.

Similarly 5510/6538/5512/5513/early14060/early 16610 buyers seem not too bothered... but from the 16610LV onwards they are!

Just an observation I'm sharing and part of my PhD research attempts to map this to many articles and internet forum launches in 2005/6 ... Where the Zeitgeist becomes 'keeping your paperwork safe' 'box and papers add to value to your watch' etc, becomes topics of debate that we old guard simply never discussed in the 70/80 and early 90s :-)
And hope that we will never see the truth around
Uprising - MUSE
TuRo is online now   Reply With Quote