View Single Post
Old 11 March 2024, 04:25 AM   #1
gamingdoctor
"TRF" Member

Unfortuante repair situation

https://imgur.com/a/boEjvuy

Wanted to get your thoughts on how I should proceed with an unfortunate repair situation. I bought a used Omega PO ceramic black 39.5 (beautiful watch!) last year. Being a clumsy fool I dropped it, probably less than 2 feet, from my hand to the bathroom floor and the ceramic chipped – can see the picture – near the lug hole. I sent it in to my watch dealer who stated if they were the ones to send it to Omega, they could perhaps get a discount on the repair.

I do just that – last month I get an email from the watch dealer saying that Omega, in an effort to take out the strap, worsened the damage on the watch. They stated it now cost $4800 to fix (a used watch value at around $8500, mind you). Omega offered 25% off due to the damage they caused, now at around $3600. My dealership offered another $600 off.

On one hand, I am happy that they offered the discount, acknowledging the damage they caused. On the other, despite my clumsiness, I’m furious that the cost of repair is so high for a seemingly small drop for the watch! I had been tempted to ask the dealership to allow me pay for the repair and then return the watch for the full value it was sold to me; I’m certainly aware they’re under no obligation to do this for me.

Curious to your thoughts on this.
gamingdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote