View Single Post
Old 12 March 2024, 12:01 AM   #15
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcobb View Post
I am no where near ready to do this, still basking in the glow of my brand new daytona, but it seems there are a lot of posts encouraging those of us who aren't as familiar with vintage rolexes to go with a 14060 or 14060M.

I know there are concerns about making sure you buy what you think you are buying when it comes to vintage, however, are there other issues/concerns?

Mostly I'm thinking how difficult it is to get a 50 or 60 year old watch serviced when something goes wrong with it?

There are probably other concerns I'm not aware of.

Anyway curious on the feedback, like I said I'm not doing this anytime soon unless I fall into one from someone impeccable, but would like to know what all concerns you have when dealing with a vintage watch like the 5513?
First would hardly call any 14060 14060M vintage, watches like the 5513 if they have been serviced and pressure regular then they can be worn the same like any modern day Rolex.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote