View Single Post
Old 20 March 2024, 01:11 AM   #1
AP15407st_patrick
"TRF" Member

5980/1r vs 15407st scratches

Hi,
i would need your support and would be glad if you can help me out. I am fortunate enough to own the 15407st and the 5980/1r. Both watches are nearly like new although the Patek was only worn once. I am currently considering to sell one watch due to other investments.
I would wear the one i keep just for very special occassion so not as a daily driver.
What is now really interesting to me is which model would you think scratches more and easier? Which model gets easier micro scratches and the most important topic is on which pieces would more be visible. I read a few statements saying both pieces are scratch magnets but on the 15407st scratches would not bother so much due to the dial that keeps the attention. I am not so sure as the micro scratches I already have on my piece are really annoying. Are there any collectors here with rose gold pateks and able to share a few pics of there pieces? I was also told that the rose gold get can discolored over the time. Is this true? Thank you so much for all your support
AP15407st_patrick is offline   Reply With Quote