View Single Post
Old 28 March 2024, 06:18 AM   #26
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemarp View Post
I refuse to buy anything that I don't want. It's funny how in other threads people list like 7 watches you have to buy before getting a Jumbo but if you sell anything, you get blacklisted.

So AP expects you to buy these watches, dump them in a safety deposit box and collect dust before you can actually buy something you really want.

If that's the true path to ownership, the grey market is actually cheap. Makes you wonder how these pieces end up in the grey market so 'cheap.' Especially if the original buyer would get blacklisted. Something just doesn't add up.
cmon we all know how this works, most SAs don't care that much in general and have been lucky the last couple of years with the crazy demand. like most normal salespeople that makes them a bit arrogant at times and they don't care that much to cater normal people that buy maybe one to two pieces (of course not all of them).
AP is likley being sold to LVMH or some other conglomerate in the near future (of course I don't know for sure) and they will ride the wave of "high demand" until the ship is sinking.
For now it works because even though grey prices have tanked, they make few enough watches that makes them sell their 50k pieces per year.

The grey market is a great way to get watches you actually want unless you have super big pockets or already have an existing relationship - otherwise AP DOES NOT CARE to cater to you and our wish for a single RO !!!
Rant over :)
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote