View Single Post
Old 28 March 2024, 09:45 PM   #43
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues View Post
AP House Tokyo is open to current AP watch owners only. Booked an appointment and was promptly denied the next day with a canned email: "Unfortunately, in order to protect the privacy of local client our AP House Tokyo from 2023 change our business strategy become an exclusive salon for Audemars Piguet watch owners. There are currently 20 AP House around the world and AP House Tokyo is the only one open to owners only. This is a new challenge for us.

Therefore we will recommend you to visit another boutique in Tokyo to see and try more sample watches.
We are very regret to inform you that due to the imbalance between supply and demand our [redacted] boutique is also unable to take any request and order for any products but trying the watches. Even so if you wish to see some watches please use the link below and let our [redacted] boutique staff to help you make your own appointment."
interesting, I was just there a few weeks ago. very unfortunate to hear for new prospective clients, but I understand why. since AP has always been popular in Japan, they don't need to use the House to bring in any incremental revenue. it can just be a cost center and be used as an exclusive benefit / club for current owners in Japan or those who are traveling from NA/EU etc.

I kinda like that. honestly wouldn't mind if all houses moved to become exclusive for current owners only. having an exclusive club for only AP owners would only add to AP's exclusivity....this is something that PP & Rolex will never be able to do (both use AD's)

anyway, I've visited about a dozen boutiques and Houses across the world, including: Zurich House, London House, Los Angeles House, NYC House, Munich House, Tokyo House, Tokyo boutique, SCP, BH, Vegas, Dallas, Singapore, Riyadh, Osaka, and Seoul.

Tokyo house is far my favorite location and it was a wonderful experience. unfortunately they didn't let me try any of the many yamazaki bottles on the shelves...they actually told me most of those bottles were fake bc it was so hard to buy them...but I think I just wasn't VIP enough to get any

still had a good time though.

looking forward to checking out the Milan and Seoul house
In-N-Out is offline   Reply With Quote