View Single Post
Old 29 March 2024, 01:42 AM   #4
MickCollins1916
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116600 SD4K
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchThinker View Post
MICK! This is incredibly helpful. I should have long ago made my log in name Watch OVER Thinker - I'm so back and forth on this on that your "watch box" thinking is really, really useful.

I have had the 1371 on wrist and, like you said, it fits like a dream. I'm thinking of this watch as a more versatile competitor to my Omega 300M white dial - suit wear, travel, etc. . But, if the 1371's reduced size means it doesn't give me that little Panerai "zing" over time - I might as well buy a 38mm aqua terra, if all I want is an all arounder.

I am giving some real thought to the Radiomir White 1384 as well. It's a big presence and those wire lugs are comfy - but the strap changing effort is a trial for me.

My plan is to make a move after I see what's up with Watches & Wonders.

My pleasure! And I love my 915 in a similar manner to you, based on your posts with it over the last few years on the various fora. Huge fan. [emoji106]

That’s why I think it’s wise to ask the very questions you’re asking. I don’t rock my 915 with a suit, but I have actually worn the 1371 on the black alligator strap with one. Still a casual watch for sure, but it worked fine for me with a less-dressy suit/button-down shirt/tie/longwings.

It’s def very comfy and gives that PAM vibe without the overpowering presence of the larger models. I think it’s more versatile than the SMP diver (which I also own in black/Sedna on rubber) for slightly dressier occasions as you suggested.

Between my 1371 and my 42mm sub bianco, I far prefer the latter. Both are very legible watches, which is an increasingly important factor.

Given that I rarely wear jackets much less suits/ties these days, I’m sort of questioning why I factor in workwear at all. But come to think of it, I also have a bunch of divers/casual watches that fulfill the same basic niche or role, which also makes little sense. Problem is, I like ALL the watches at the end of the day. [emoji2357]
MickCollins1916 is offline   Reply With Quote