View Single Post
Old 29 March 2024, 11:04 PM   #28
Nello93
"TRF" Member

My thoughts

Own the blue Pilot Chrono 41 - have the bracelet/rubber/leather straps.
An impulse buy last summer. I have a large collection and 10 yrs in the hobby.
This thing gets MOST of my wrist time during the 3 days/week I'm not wearing a suit.
It's the perfect casual watch for weekends. I love this thing. After all these years, and precious metals and full calendar watches I'm having a "fling" with a young IWC!

Note a few things:

1) All 3 strap options are cool!
-but the leather makes it top heavy and the bracelet makes it wear HUGE

2) Dial is not on the same level as Glashutte Original, Grand Seiko, or modern Rolex. It's perfect in medium light though.

3) The movement is super accurate
-But they routinely throw these out the door needing a quick regulation. I got mine done within a week. C'mon IWC. Now running +1.5/day. Cool.

4) The movement is not worth looking at!
-Too bad the crystal back there cost it the anti-magnetic properties. Have to watch it near my airbuds.

5) With strap or rubber in blue it suits every casual occasion.
-You cannot wear this with a suit. Blazer and pants yes. The watch is ultra casual and chunky.

6) The cool giant sword hands cover the subdials. You wanna time something? You should have gotten a Speedmaster!

7) The date window in white looks cheap

Yes there are many reasons not to be having this fling but it's so friggin fun to wear. I don't care about all the shortcomings. At 41mm actually wearable for an oversized look.
Nello93 is offline   Reply With Quote