View Single Post
Old 30 March 2024, 07:06 PM   #45
vwc228
"TRF" Member

The AP boutiques in Dubai and Abu Dhabi here in the UAE are a bit of a hit and miss.

I know 2 people (first time buyers) that bought ROO (in the hopes of getting a RO) who did not enjoy the experience at all. One of them said that when he went to pick up his ROO the SA handed it to him like he was being handed a hot dog from a street vendor. It was (and again, this is according to him), like "here. take your watch and begone." The experience was very impersonal and unprofessional.

In my own personal experience, one sales lady in one of the boutiques was very polite and professional. Maybe that's because I didn't ask about getting a RO or any other popular models (mind you, I'm still waiting to get a beige code - how now lost confidence that I'll even get it :). But it's just frustrating that even on relatively unpopular models it seems to be hard to get them for first time buyers. But nevertheless, she was very nice and accommodating and didn't give me the "let's get this over with and leave" vibe.

My experience with other SA was much worse. One guy hardly entertained my request to buy a new strap for an AP that I own (which I had bought from the gray market). He seemed very stand-offish and a bit rude.
vwc228 is offline   Reply With Quote