View Single Post
Old 2 April 2024, 01:53 AM   #3
taura
"TRF" Member

A fair comment kunlun, so I'll try to clarify.

I've tried many Breguets on my wrist and liked this one the best. I've also tried Lange, Vacheron, AP and some other nice watches, though not all possible options (never a Patek though, but I feel their prices are slightly inflated compared to other dress watches).

I think I know myself well enough to know what kind of watches I like. For example, Lange has nothing interesting (to me) available at similar prices because of their very traditional style. Brand image isn't important to me, but good availability of service is a plus.

I'm venturing into new territory, so I'm trying to feel my way around a bit before spending a lot of money. Someone new to watches couldn't necessarily distinguish between a $2k sports watch and a $10k sports watch, but it doesn't mean there isn't a difference beyond brand image. It can just be very difficult to understand beyond certain level without actually owning the watches. So I'm asking for opinions from people with more experience with Breguet and perhaps other watches of similar style, particularly if they find Breguet watches to lack something in comparison, whether it's in quality or design.

Of course it's subjective, but don't worry, I'll be able to think for myself and form my own opinion.
taura is offline   Reply With Quote