View Single Post
Old 4 April 2024, 02:17 AM   #142
RichardBartlett
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeojk View Post
Hi Richard, don’t let the weather win. Sounds like you were either cold or wet or both. I offer a solution. Go to the REI store in NYC Manhattan/SoHo and gear up with some nice sweaters and rain jackets, a scarf and maybe some mittens and a backpack to toss it all in when you get somewhere fun. Take cabs, find and go see a show on or around Broadway. Go to a nice restaurant for lunch. Go to MoMa museum or some other one. If you like architecture go on a tour of the NYSE building or maybe the NY Public Library building. There’s so much great stuff in NYC, I believe in you and that you can do better than that bus. Even going into some of those great department stores can be a fun day.

If you’re going anywhere else on the east coast this week you will want that rain gear.

My wife and I have always liked the rain, it keeps the crowds down.

Good luck, I hope this doesn’t sound shitty, I just want you to experience something better.
As you know it's still raining.. we had an included tour this morning with a nice informative guide . We only got off to walk round ground zero and grand central terminal

We have winter gear as we are going on to Canada then Greenland , Iceland and bloody England! .

but the reason l left the UK was the weather, so NY doesn't appeal when it's like this. Yes we got totally soaked and that's put me right off. I'm too old to be walking around wet and freezing, plus NY is far too expensive to shop in any case.

Everything here is way way waaay over priced compared to what we are used to back in Spain where l live. USA was always considered cheap compared to the UK but jeepers the cost of everything here is mental money these days.

So we're back onboard and tbh nothing is exciting enough to drag me out again in this rain . I know so many people who rave about NY (my partner included) but maybe it's the weather but I was decidedly underwhelmed by it. Just not my cup of tea

but I really appreciate your posts :-)

Sent from my Lenovo TB-J616F using Tapatalk
RichardBartlett is offline   Reply With Quote