Thread: Patek or ALS
View Single Post
Old 9 April 2024, 01:27 AM   #38
vecca
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=chimp98;13216491]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecca View Post
Can I ask why you picked PCC as the next watch? Is the calendar complication a hard requirement? I agree with all the comments so far, especially with the Dato being very top heavy and Patek's elegant case design. I think ALS has an edge on the movement design - I still get mesmerized every time looking at a Dato case back.

I have slowly shifted my collection over the years to smaller sized pieces for comfort. An example and something you may want to consider is instead of the Dato, have you looked at the 1815 Chrono? Essentially the same beautiful movement without the calendar complication but much more comfortable to wear. I traded in my first gen Dato for the first gen 1815 Chrono and I couldn't be happier since.

I never owned the 5270 but I have a 5170 which shares the same base movement. This is another permanent piece in my collection.Attachment 1428742Attachment 1428743

Thanks for your response. I guess I am attracted to the calendar complication. As much as I like the 5170 and 1815 Chrono, I always end up being drawn back to the PCC.
vecca is offline   Reply With Quote