View Single Post
Old 12 April 2024, 06:08 AM   #103
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Voutilainen (2030)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo_ View Post
I got to visit their factory a couple of years ago which greatly helped to form my opinion on the brand itself. The way I perceive it is that they heavily focus on the core of horology itself: the movements. Given their heritage and also since they are supplying parts to the industry, that‘s where they shine for me. From a mechanical point of view as far as my humble judgement goes, they are sublime indeed. The flying tourbillon sitting at 6 o‘clock inside the skeletonized HMC814 movement is a showstopper and as far I could tell the finishing of the inner workings was great, keeping in mind that I never saw it in daylight.

Narrowing it down and coming back to your question if I understood it correctly: The finishing on the case and the bracelet is solid but certainly not the pinnacle of the watch world.

What is your take on Moser generally and do you happen to own any of their watches?

What I love is that with a watch like this from an indy brand that is not very well known, one flies under the radar with a stellar horological ufo on the wrist.
Thanks for the reply. You answered my question perfectly and added some great details. I really appreciate your perspective.

I don’t own any Mosers but I would like to. I really enjoy the Endeavour Concept Centre Seconds and the Streamliner models but it’s been a combination of bad timing with funds / not the right watch being made yet. I really enjoy the brand but I would like if they upped the finishing a little even if it meant a higher price point.
FrugalGreubel is offline   Reply With Quote