View Single Post
Old 14 April 2024, 03:11 AM   #2
Pepperjack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgkula View Post
I bought this new at an AD in the UK in 1997 with the 93150 Oyster fliplock bracelet. Given your experience would you have any idea:
1. Why WSR says that my watch should have a jubilee bracelet when I bought it new from an AD with the 93150 on it?
2. Why the RSC serviced it in 2016 without requiring purchase of a jubilee bracelet?

Do you think that owing to some change in rules and procedures Rolex AD/ASC and RSC will no longer service my watch without requiring the purchase of a jubilee bracelet?
So this would have been before my time as a watchmaker, but I think I remember one of my previous coworkers saying that some models could be ordered by the AD with any bracelet that would fit. My best guess is this: your watch was sold to the AD by Rolex with a jubilee bracelet, and the AD thought it would sell better with the Submariner bracelet. They could then change the accompanying paperwork to match.

Here is an alternative idea: WSR is wrong. I have seen it wrong before, specifically a serial number coming up with the incorrect model number. That leads me to believe that other errors exist within the database.

What I hope to see happen for you is this - Rolex changes the bracelet style in WSR to your 93150. It's not a viable choice on the dropdown menu for me, but I have seen it listed as the correct bracelet for a GMT before. I suspect that Rolex will support the 93150 bracelet on a GMT, but will not allow for the addition of it.
Pepperjack is offline   Reply With Quote