View Single Post
Old 22 April 2024, 06:25 AM   #6
lencap
"TRF" Member

Each of you have great taste!

I had the "Speedy", it didn't fit well on my 7" wrist, and isn't waterproof; I wore it less than I thought I would, but I still love the look and history.

I always liked Glashutte, but never saw one in person. Cartier is a good choice, but I lean toward the JLC Reverso as an alternative in size/look.

If the Sky Dweller were thinner and a bit smaller my search would be over. I love the integration of different functions and the elegant engineering that made it possible. When I bought the DJ the dealer let me try one on (sample, not for resale), and I was very temped to order it, but the thickness was hard to ignore. Before I bought the BB58 I bought the original BB with the larger and thicker watch. It fit poorly and was very uncomfortable, and the SD has similar dimensions, making me a bit cautious. I quickly sold the larger BB and replaced it with the BB58. The issue with that watch is the limited adjustability of the bracelet - I wound up getting an after market half size link, and it now fits very well. I was hoping the Sky Dweller adjustments would do the same, but it seems a bit heavy and unbalanced on my wrist. I admit the DJ 41 with the adjustable Oyster bracelet fits amazingly well. It's a bit larger/heavier than the BB58, but wears more comfortably - it's almost unnoticeable on my wrist. Rolex does bracelets very well.

EDIT: Since my reply I've looked into the Glashutte, and I agree. That's a lot of watch for a very attractive price. Thanks for the heads up!
lencap is offline   Reply With Quote