View Single Post
Old 25 April 2024, 10:44 AM   #19
TC94
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
Just as a heads up...blocking number is usually meaningless. The numbers are generated randomly by the millions and sent out daily.

My phone only rings from my contact list of numbers.
This is the best solution. I feel lucky to be able to do same. But some people in business can’t do this.

Still, I can’t believe how many “debt recovery” voicemails I’ve gotten in just the last week. Plus a few IRS scammers, student loan debt relief and misc others.

It also takes some effort to convince older people to ignore things. It’s not the same world they grew up in, where every call got answered. Mom went deep into double-checking a fake Publisher’s Clearinghouse scammer. She called around for 2 days to make sure she didn’t miss out on a real win.

Dad and I finally convinced her due to the AI voice recording potential. Just answering sets you up for future risks Luckily they’ve never lost a penny, but vigilance is key here.

They’re 83, I’m 62 and kids are late 20’s. All of us have been targets of more sophisticated attempts in the last year.In particular the random fake teen nude text scam had my son panicked last fall at a new job.He thought a customer was calling and couldn’t ignore it.

I talked him down, assuring him none of us were at risk.

It’s out of control.
TC94 is offline   Reply With Quote