View Single Post
Old 25 April 2024, 11:57 AM   #51
Modiferous
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy87 View Post
Been seeing an uptick of these fake ID’s used in attempted fraudulent automotive purchases too (had two at my dealership within the last 30 days) these ID’s are much better than fakes of the past but there are ways to tell they aren’t legit. Easiest one is that the word “California” and the words “drivers license” on a real Cali ID are the same shade of blue; on these fakes they are a bit different. Also too the blue in the background of the photo is lighter and more of a teal than the real blue California photo background.

If anyone ever has a concern on a fake ID feel free to PM me I can give it a look. Stay safe out there!
Another thing you may do, and unfortunately I didn't do it until after the incident which is a testament to how smooth this guy was in feigning legitimacy, is open up the ID on your computer, and take a cropped screenshot of just the picture portion (or open it on PhotoShop, and crop away just the picture image and paste it into a new clipboard).

Then download that image, just the picture from the ID, onto your computer and use both tineye.com and Google reverse image search to see if it already exists on the internet.

For this picture which is the one he used on me,

it came up as an Adobe and Shutterstock stock image.

Over all though, those are pretty good fake IDs that would fool most anyone who received one online. I doubt they are actual 3 dimensional plastic cards - they appear to be images created by some software, which might explain why they are always on the same sort of wood background.
Modiferous is offline   Reply With Quote