View Single Post
Old 26 April 2024, 12:04 AM   #27
Maleg
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
Aren't we all just a bunch of angry old curmudgeons? LOL

My phone is set to "do not disturb" (Android) which means if you are not in my contacts list, it doesn't ring. Fortunately, I'm not in sales or anything where I need to answer it for people I don't know. If I don't know your number, leave me a message or send me a text and I'll respond if I want to.

My mom was almost duped by scammers via email, but fortunately she called me first and I educated her. Scary though.

Whenever I'm confronted by a pushy salesperson, I just shrug and tell them that the wife won't let me buy anything. She does the same.

I don't think the level of salespeople and scammers has really changed much over the years, it's just the methods that they use have become more sophisticated.
I think technology has made it easy to cast a very broad net. Fifty years ago someone usually had to be physically present to scam you (though mail order scams were common). Now, bots try millions of people a week.

Remember when used car lots were the one place you knew to watchout? Now it’s any website asking for PII.
Maleg is offline   Reply With Quote