Thread: Patek or ALS
View Single Post
Old 30 April 2024, 07:44 AM   #56
Watchlurker11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
Yes, especially the brands I posted. Voutilainen and Gauthier annihilate any pp/ap/vc in the same price range. It’s not even close.
I'm not particularly familiar with either and its difficult b/c most retailers have 'price on request' but i'm seeing a hodinkee article on the Voutilainen Vingt-8 ISO which was priced at 72k CHF in 2017 for a time-only watch.

osterjewelers (which i believe is authorized and selling at MSRP) is showing a retrograde (what looks to be a simple, not even annual) calendar for 135k (sold)

hodinkee has an article with a romain gauthier time-only prestige HM with pricing of 60k back in 2018 with the only complication being a micro rotor.

This seems consistent with my earlier observation that it seems like independents price well above comparable watches from 'top-3' level brands (i'm not making a call on whether it is or is not WORTH it. but in the same way that a Lange would price above a JLC for a similarly complicated watch, there seems to a significant premium for independents even over a PP/ALS unless i'm missing something).
Watchlurker11 is offline   Reply With Quote