View Single Post
Old 30 April 2024, 10:14 PM   #4847
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
Ok, thanks for your detailed explanations.

Your mentioned 75% and 25% are just some unverified numbers used (by you) to highlight the overall situation for this 32xx caliber series because one can consider that 25% failure rate is already extremely high. I get your point.

If we want to be consistent with the present poll result in this thread, the "source" of your numbers, one can probably say that, based on a TRF poll statistic with 1433 votes collected between January 2021 and April 2024, at least 30 % of 32xx movements have developed the low amplitude issue during the 5-year warranty period.

Back to probabilities to buy several watches which develop the well known issues: with an assumed 32xx caliber failure rate of 30% the probability that I bought my 3 different 32xx watches, which in fact all developed the low amplitude issue, was 2.7 %. So EasyE was extremely unlucky for his 6 (out of 8) 32xx watches? The probability for him was 0.07%.

Oh my.
I'm a little out of date with the roughly 25%.
Last time I looked at it the number was below 30% and now it's creeping up a bit you say.
It's no good, and no good can come from no good.

It lends more credence to the proposition that one is likely to derive more satisfaction from a 31xx movement over a 32xx.

That fix can't come soon enough it would seem, or bring on that 33xx movement so the whole disasterous saga can be put to rest.
I'll wager the 33xx will be able to be retrofitted into the same hole for an entire movement swap so that Rolex can claim that with each Rolex watch, comes an upgrade path for new and improved technology movements for the life of the watch which will only apply to the original owner should they chose to take up the offer.
There you go folks.
You heard it here first
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote