View Single Post
Old 30 April 2024, 11:22 PM   #4851
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
Ok, thanks for your detailed explanations.

Your mentioned 75% and 25% are just some unverified numbers used (by you) to highlight the overall situation for this 32xx caliber series because one can consider that 25% failure rate is already extremely high. I get your point.

If we want to be consistent with the present poll result in this thread, the "source" of your numbers, one can probably say that, based on a TRF poll statistic with 1433 votes collected between January 2021 and April 2024, at least 30 % of 32xx movements have developed the low amplitude issue during the 5-year warranty period.

Back to probabilities to buy several watches which develop the well known issues: with an assumed 32xx caliber failure rate of 30% the probability that I bought my 3 different 32xx watches, which in fact all developed the low amplitude issue, was 2.7 %. So EasyE was extremely unlucky for his 6 (out of 8) 32xx watches? The probability for him was 0.07%.

Remarkably small odds. Thanks that assessment.

Either the problem is, in fact, much higher, or every time I buy a watch someone in Geneva stabs an Easy E voodoo doll.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote