View Single Post
Old 1 May 2024, 05:33 AM   #38
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin of Larchmont View Post
I guess I don’t see the concept of people being fooled by CPO. Some people love the hunt and finding whatever their personal version of The Best Deal is. There’s a huge amount of that that goes on here through the trusted sellers and it’s all good. And then there are other people who just want what they want and couldn’t give a shizzle about the last nickel. Some people are perfectly happy waiting for FedEx and some people are perfectly happy potentially paying more so they can walk out the door with what they want. Have those people been fooled or do they just not care about what the hunters care about? These are the intended targets of CPO. I used to work with an old motorcycle salesman who often said “there’s an a$$ for every seat”, a sentiment true in many other marketplaces.

Agree on all points but for those buying CPO I think not trusting random grey market sellers is more of the motivation than not caring about saving money.

Same people that take their cars to the dealership for service after warranty when they can save a lot of money going to an independent. They think the official dealership has more credibility and less risk. Ironically, it’s often the opposite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jb335 is online now   Reply With Quote