View Single Post
Old 3 May 2024, 12:03 PM   #41
the dark knight
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milgauss2232 View Post
I think it’s finally time for me to get a 116500/126500 Panda
Gonna go grey of course though I have been getting all my previous pieces from AD, I don’t have any illusions that my spend is enough.
So there’s the thought that I don’t want to fork out all the full amount of money, plus I don’t want too much redundancy in my collection so I’m looking to let go of one for the panda.
Currently I have :
116710 BLNR
126710 BLRO
126610 LN
I think of letting go the Pepsi, as it is the flashier GMT, and a blnr would be more low key for its function-travel watch. When I want to be flashy, there’s the incoming panda. I thought of keeping the explorer and sub as they are versatile GADA watches, but they are possible options too.
Which would you let go given this choices and why?
I'd keep one of the GMTs of course. The issue is WHY you want to be low key for travel. If it's for robbery/personal safety, I don't think there are many situations a criminal would identify and mark you to steal a BLRO that they wouldn't do exactly the same for the BLNR. Both are highly recognizable valuable Rolex watches. If being low key is the concern, I'd just wear the Explorer or Sub and check another timezone on your phone. So I'd definitely keep the BLRO.

Also because the BLRO/Panda/Black Sub is probably the best (albeit slightly cliche) Rolex sports watch trio you can get. The Exp I is a wildcard I personally don't have much of an opinion on. I'd personally would prob sell it if I had the other 3.
the dark knight is online now   Reply With Quote