View Single Post
Old 4 May 2024, 12:03 AM   #11
bjdub
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTX View Post
I don’t think it’s a demand issue. I think Rolex keeps the prediction very low. Not sure if it’s because they are harder to make or they want it to be exclusive. Reminds me of the celebration dial OP. My AD has said he might receive 1 a year if he’s lucky. He said the dial on that one takes a lot longer to make so Rolex doesn’t send out too many. Maybe a similar issue with the Ti?.
Full disclosure, I don't know much about titanium, but Tudor and many others seem to have no issue pumping out Ti cases. Maybe the YM is some higher grade than the P39, but I am highly certain that is just marketing tactics/AD gossip. IMO, it is highly likely supply is artificially constrained as to not meet demand, as it is with many other Rolex models, but even more so with this one.

My theory is titanium is a novel material for Rolex to use, just recently introduced on the Deepsea Challenge, and now the much more wearable YM. They are hyping up the novelty via scarcity.

Maybe as they produce more models in Ti, the shine will wear off and we will start to see more and more incomings. I am hopeful as I would love to just get my hands on an exhibition titanium Rolex someday...
bjdub is offline   Reply With Quote