Thread: Nightmare 1665
View Single Post
Old 28 August 2009, 12:30 AM   #107
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 16750
Quote:
Originally Posted by DadsWatch72 View Post
Upon his return, he informed me that he would NOT send the watch to them even though they agreed to accept the watch. I asked for a reason and his answer was, and I quote, "There isn't anything in it for me". He went on to say that the risk was too high and there was nothing in it for him. He also said that he liked to "oversee" the service completely and that since I had arranged this with NYC that he wasn't comfortable with helping any longer.
I am happy there is a happy ending for you.You did the right thing and were persistent and got RSCNY to service your watch. Did you have a long relationship with this AD? If not I agree 100% with your AD's reason for not sending it to RSCNY.He gave you a very valid reason the risk is very high for him and he probably stands to make nothing.Worst a big headache.Some customers can be a big headache and he made a call on you.He probably sensed you were very passionate of that watch and didnt want to take the risk of something going wrong that isnt in his control.He sounds like he has experienced this and been down this road before.You did the right thing and went straight to the source.Now lets see the watch!

Original Owner ROLEX 16750 GMT Daily Wearer For Over 13,000 Days And Counting
greekbum is offline   Reply With Quote