View Single Post
Old 13 September 2009, 03:21 PM   #58
the_old_curmudgeon
"TRF" Member

I'm not adding a review as much as I am just making comments.

I ordered my MilSub early AM on the 4th, got an email with USPS tracking on the 5th, and it arrived on the 8th complete with the free timing report. Mine is running at about +15sec/day, which I'm happy with even though I'm hoping that number drops over the next few weeks as the watch breaks in. Fit and finish are obviously not to the standard your Rolex is held to but they are pretty good in their own right and as others have alluded both hacking and manual wind functions work.

There are really only 2 things about the watch that I don't really like.

The bundled strap is pretty stiff so after a day I replaced it with a spare Bond NATO strap which makes it a lot more comfortable to wear. I'll probably toss the bundled strap in with the laundry for a couple of loads to see if that softens up the strap at all. The other annoyance is that the lume on the watch hands is much brigher than the hour markings.

It's good enough that I'll be wearing it on those times when I am doing something where I am risking damaging either of my Subs or if I just want a bit of a change. For me the watch is worth the $70.
the_old_curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote