View Single Post
Old 20 October 2009, 06:20 PM   #33
Denny M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisquitlips View Post
Just another thing I forgot to mention is that I keep other things in my journal besides written words.

If you open my Europe 2006 journal there you will find a Swiss 10 Franc note, 2 or 3 strange and lovely small flowers picked on the alpine summits above Innsbruck and pressed in the back pages, the wrapper of a small Swiss chocolate that was served with our coffee at a sidewalk cafe in Paris, a piece of clover picked from the grass at the Tower of London just next to the scaffold area where so many lives were ended, a 5 Euro note collected somewhere in Europe as a 5 pound note from the UK, a leaf from the Linden tree that Martin Borman planted at the Berghof at Berchtesgaden in Bavaria (yes its remnants are still growing there), and lots of other 'flat memories' or things that will press flat.

So that is one of the reasons for the Moleskine. The elastic band keeps everything snugly together and from falling out. They also have a pocket in the back for slipping things into as well as a ribbon bookmark. A well thought out tool for any journalist.

Actually my journal looks more like this than the photo above.

In case you missed it in one of my posts, this photo was from yesterday morning as I was preparing for some entries. I picked this journal up from a young man in Austria that makes them by hand. Very nice!!

Hi Richard,

Great thread! I also keep a journal but only when on holidays overseas. One habit we also share is keeping ephemera - for example a soft drink label, cards from various places we ate at, travel and admission tickets etc.

Just a question about the fountain pen you take with you. does it work as regular pen? Simply pop in an ink cartridge and start writing or something more complicated?
Denny M is offline   Reply With Quote