View Single Post
Old 31 October 2009, 06:24 AM   #15
iSellJerseyShore
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-Master IIc
Ok, well I went out and bought the Magic Mouse. Well I can say it's not magical, but it is freakin AWESOME! Coupling this mouse with my 13" unibody MacBook Pro is a powerful combination. But before I get in to the details, let me talk about the setup process so anyone else here that gets one is not mislead.

Unlike many battery powered devices out on the market, this device does actually come with batteries installed! Upon removing the Magic Mouse from its tiny clam shell packing similar to that of the iPod Touch, all you have to do is flick on the power switch and discover a new bluetooth device on your bluetooth enabled Mac. Once the Mac discovers the Magic Mouse, you will be able to perform the basic functions of a mouse - move cursor, click, drag etc. You will not be able to take advantage of the Magical features of this Magic Mouse until you install the required mouse update. To install the update, click on the Apple Logo ----> Software Update - Your Mac will check for new updates, make sure that you have the Wireless Mouse Software Update selected, then click install. You will have to perform a reboot for the software install to complete. Once installed and you have rebooted, go into system preferences and configure the mouse settings to your liking. At this point in time, you are ready to perform tasks never before possible on any mouse.

The overall ergonomics of the mouse will take a little getting used to since it is so slim and sleek compared to my other mice. It does comfortably fit in my hand and has really impressed me so far during the last 30 minutes of use. If you are on the fence, I suggest you pull the trigger and get it! You will be impressed and on the road to a more unique computing experience!

I have attached some pictures of the unveiling of the Magic Mouse.

-Frankie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6132.JPG (143.8 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6135.JPG (146.6 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6136.JPG (139.5 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6137.JPG (153.6 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6139.JPG (146.0 KB, 50 views)
iSellJerseyShore is offline   Reply With Quote